Number of Grants Funded: 14 – Amount: $4,503.33
Cumulative Grants Funded: 505 – Cumulative Amount: $260,804.49
Impacting Approximately 1,634 Students
- Funds to purchase multiple copies of books written by author, Jennifer Nielsen will promote reading, building author awareness and grow enthusiasm for the authors’ visit in November to Clark Middle School.
- The daily math centers will enrich the student s’ mathematical skill s and give them the foundation needed to become successful independent learners.
- Grant money would be used to purchase copies of Being a Spacewalker: My Journey to the Stars for the 6th graders at Clark Middle School to enhance the science curriculum.
- The request to Equabeam Balances will be used in problem solving math investigations.
- The iPad will be used in the Homan Early Childhood / Structured Learning classroom to assist students in communication and the development of speech/language skills as well as the added use of other academic applications.
- Students will be employing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), cooperatively using problem solving strategies to design and construct a variety of devices, use their knowledge of the sciences to run labs and answer question s pertaining to different fields of science.
- Graphic Novels for English Language Learners
- Hands-On Minds-On Learning will help facilitate the inquiry-based approach to promote deeper understanding throughout the curriculum.
Michele Tyler Grants 2016
A. Today’s Young Learners Enjoy Reading is about the passion that Mrs. Tyler had and shared as a staff member in regard to Literature.
B. Using picture books in the middle school classroom is a way to motivate students while stimulating learning; with my notice and not strategy tied to picture books the skills involved will cause close reading will come alive.
C: Funds to purchase audio and eBooks by author, Jennifer Nielsen will promote reading, increase awareness of, and build enthusiasm for the author’s visit in November to Clark Middle School.
D: Implementing high interest novels and Literary Circles to promote active learning with Accelerated Reading in 8th grade. School is not out for the summer, just yet!
E: Students will “travel” to various landmarks in the United States by reading various “Where is…” books.
F: Reading inspiration for our budding your economists and capitalists who play a driving force in our current economy.