Number of Grants Funded: 11 – Amount: $6,148.60
Cumulative Grants Funded: 447 – Cumulative Amount: $229,996.48
Impacting Approximately 2,495 Students
1. Students will master the basic math facts.
2. The Daily 5 curriculum will enrich the students’ reading, writing, and language arts skills, and will give them the foundation needed to become successful independent learners.
3. A set of headphones for each of the two iPad carts is necessary to maximize the effectiveness and functionality of these valuable learning tools.
4. Physics I students will design, construct, and analyze a cardboard boat using critical thinking skills to implement various physics principles to race a boat down and back the length of the pool.
5. Help put words in their mouths, with an extensive picture vocabulary library so they can express themselves.
6. By incorporating an ELMO into my language arts classroom, I can increase student participation, interest, and understanding through visual presentation of content and materials.
7. Within the set of twenty YHBA books, the Clark students will be exposed to a wonderful collection of fiction, biography, and nonfiction titles and have a voice in choosing the winning middle grades book title for the State of Indiana.
8. It is our goal to bridge together students with Autism Spectrum Disorder and typically-developing peers, placing them in situations that would allow students with ASD to learn about social behaviors and the peer models to learn how to interact with students with autism, while raising awareness for this disability.
9. The SMART Document Camera will allow the students and me to turn real writing and objectives into digital content allowing us to demonstrate, explore, and understand – even when concepts are abstract or complex.
10. Science Olympiad, which engages students in science and technology, seeks financial aid to gain a competitive edge against top academic terms in the state to free up savings for other fees for academic competitions.
11. Providing students identified as “At Risk” with a yoga class, will teach skills to cope with stress, strengthen the body, and promote a positive self-image.